Thursday 27 November 2008

Jelly Bums Hippo

Sorry to those who have been patiently waiting to find out what the newest animal is, I've been having trouble trying to log in to my blogger account so the pattern has been available for a few days now. SoIi present to you the Jelly Bum hippo


 
This little fellow was in demand as I had a few requests to make him. He gave me a great opportunity to try out double stranded knitting as the grey yarn I used was really thin so I doubled it up (Note to self: do not send hubby yarn shopping again). The method was a lot easier to do than I originally thought so I'd defiantly do it again.
I'm already started on making the latest pattern as I'm hoping to have 2 more animal patterns out by Christmas time, so finger crossed I don't get too distracted by the holiday season.
It's getting so much more difficult to photograph my toys in the natural light these days as the winter weather draws ever closer. We even had a blast on snow here on Sunday so it was really dark and chilly, so we have to wrap up warm every time we are out and about. looks like it's going to be a really cold winter in Scotland this year, i just wish I knew how to knit gloves and beautiful cowls, although a girl can dream by window shopping on Etsy!
Take care
♥ Raynor

1 comment:

sara said...

If you can knit these gorgeous animals then you can manage gloves and cowls. If I can then anyone can.